The only person busier than a dancer is her mom! Juggling school drop-off & pick up, dance classes, rehearsals, performances, homework - it's a wonder we make it through the day! And the most hectic time is right after school when kids have the munchies and need a little re-fueling before the next activity. This is especially true if they are off to the dance studio for several hours of class. So, to make your life a little easier, here's a quick list of healthy snack ideas for Busy Dancers - and MOMS!
1. Take bananas, apples or celery and spread with your favorite kind of nut butter.
2. Nuts, dried fruit and dark chocolate chips. Mmmm. . . . Miss Amy might need to share that snack with you!
3. Protein Style Mini Sandwich. Take a thin slice of roasted turkey breast or chicken and lay it flat. Put 1 piece of cheese in the middle and add a slice of avocado or cucumber in the middle and roll it up. Easy to eat and transport in a dance bag!
4. String cheese and crackers.
5. Low-fat yogurt and granola. (Another fav of Miss Amy!)
6. Popcorn - and you could go crazy and add nuts or yogurt covered raisins!
7. PB&J on whole grain bread.
This blog post made me hungry so I'm gonna run make a snack!
--Miss Amy :)
Miss Amy: I love teaching kids and watching that "A-ha!" moment happen when all the dots connect and the light bulb goes on! There's nothing better!