It's coming. Spring Break. The last holiday before the last, long stretch of never-ending school projects and homework. I LOVE having the kids home and not worrying about school work, however the question always begs "What are we going to do all week?" Here are 5 Easy Spring Break Activities you can do that won't break the bank!
1) Have a Read-a-Thon. Yep. I said it. Keep the TV off and just read for a day! Take a trip to the library if you're up to getting out of your jammies, and stock up on books for the day (or even the whole week)! We did this a few Spring Breaks ago and my boys loved having new books to read. They even survived not having TV for a whole day. Amazing, I know. No growth stunting or anything!
2) Have an Exercise or Sports Day. Go to a park or playground and let them wear themselves out! You'll burn calories playing and laughing along with them. Organize some easy games like kickball or relay races. I had a neighbor that used to have her kids run laps around the block! Run a long with them and impress them with your Super Mom Powers!
3) Teach them how to Cook or Bake something. One Spring Break several years ago, I taught my older boys how to cook some simple meals, then we all baked cookies (they did most of the work--really!) and we made homemade icecream! It was really fun teaching them the ins and outs of the kitchen and helping them become more independent. The little ones were really anxious to be a part of something they don't usually get to lend a hand in!
4) Have a Service Project Day. I am fortunate to live near lots of family so on several Spring Breaks I have asked different family members ahead of time if there was some kind of service project we could tackle for them. We've washed cars, picked grapefruit, cleaned houses, deep cleaned kitchen tile, whitewashed citrus trees. It's a good day of hard work that helps someone else!
5) Relax with a Movie Marathon! Pop some popcorn, grab a pillow and blanket and get comfy for hours of fun watching your favorite movies together! Send them outside for a picnic or picnic inside on a blanket to catch the crumbs!
Send your ideas below on how you entertain during Spring Break and watch for our upcoming Beach Day Workshop coming March 28th from 2-5pm!
--Miss Amy :)
Miss Amy: I love teaching kids and watching that "A-ha!" moment happen when all the dots connect and the light bulb goes on! There's nothing better!